Finishes

Friday, May 17, 2013

Birds SAL Progress Part 1

One of my goals I set for myself this year was to participate in a SAL or Stitch a Long.  Back in December I signed up for the beautiful "Birds Sampler" here.  I got off to a bit of a late start as I have quite limited stitching time taking care of my daughter. This design is also quite large (304 x 339) so it took me awhile to grid out my 25count fabric.  But I was finally able to start this beauty on April 29th.  The bad news is this was the first time I have worked on fabric so small and I was unhappy with working 2 over 1 so I had to take out my first days work and re-do it as 1 over 1 on 25 ct.

Here is the progression of my stitching progress...














I have been working upside down since I am using my large Qsnaps but here is what the design is supposed to look like with Part 1 finished :)


I have really enjoyed stitching this design.  The colors are so pretty and feminine and I chose it originally because I LOVE roses, but the fine scrollwork has also been fun to stitch.

My only problem is that I am WAY far behind...I was supposed to finish this much by February 25th and yesterday was May 16th!  I just sent my image in to receive the next part but the designer gently reminded me that if I don't finish by September I may need to buy the full chart from her to finish.  She is right but for some reason I feel up to this challenge.  I really feel like I can try to fly through the rest of the parts to catch up.  Please help cheer me on so I can prove it to myself that I CAN DO THIS :)

10 comments:

  1. You've done a lot already Lulu, just keep stitching!!! I think the designer is a bit cheeky to put a deadline on it or else to buy the full chart!!! She should be grateful you're stitching it :P All the best, you can do it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I understand her point and she was very kind about it. If for some reason I don't finish in time I'll pay for the beautiful chart.

      Delete
  2. Its very pretty so far. It would be a shame to fall behind and have to buy the pattern to finish! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you can! It looks fantastic so far, and you have all summer to catch up. Can't wait to see your progress! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. You are right about having all summer and we have so much extra daylight in Oslo in summer that should help me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! Seems you have gotten quite a bit stitched up and I too love the colors! Good luck at getting in some more stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am enjoying stitching this design a lot.

      Delete